Are you ready to get more out of your training & racing?
Whether you are a beginner, an elite athlete, or something in between, getting the most out of every training hour... every watt produced or calorie expended... is the key to driving your personal success.
Are you a Triathlete wondering:
- I'm putting in more time, why am I not getting any faster?
- I'm doing speed workouts and I'm getting faster. But why can't I sustain my pace for longer events?
- Am I ready for a half or full Ironman length event, and what do I need to do to prepare for it? My goal is simply to finish and enjoy the experience... but I don't know where to start.
- What are realistic goals for me for this race? How do I push to "the edge" to be the fastest I can be?
- I've come from a running background, but 50% of a typical triathlon is on the bike. How do I get faster on the bike?
- I don't have a clue about nutrition... how do I avoid "bonking" in longer races? How much fluid or calories do I really need?
- What happened on my race last weekend? Why didn't it go as planned, and what do I need to do next time to improve?
Are you an Ultra Cyclist wondering:
- I've got a good solid base of training, but how do I build power to improve my speed? Or, I'm good at shorter distances, but would like to improve my stamina to be able to hold power longer for 12 or 24 hour time trial races.
- How much training does it really take to finish a race like Race Across the West (RAW), Race Across America (RAAM), or the Trans Am Bike Race (TABR)? How can I optimize my preparation based on the time I have available for training?
- What type of strategy should I have for ultra cycling racing? How should my intensity vary for 12 or 24 hour events versus multi-day events? How can I estimate how long it will take my average speed?
- How can I improve my efficiency, to go faster at the same wattage? What impacts will changes in tires, tubes, chains, helmets, wheels, and body position have on my overall race time?
- What type of training modifications are required to go from an ultra-cyclist finisher, to a race contender?
My friends and competitors are talking about FTP, VDOT, TSS, CSS, IF, CTL, TSB, etc... as a triathlete or ultra cyclist, how can I get faster without spending ALL my time trying to figure out what it all means?
Your time is your most valuable asset. Rather than simply working harder or longer, it's time to work smarter to improve your success.